Thursday, September 3, 2015

THAT TWINKLE IN HIS EYES

 photo 1623307_10202462446260746_264564987_n_zps4yvuxavc.jpg
copyright 2015 justpurewritings.blogspot.com


By: Dalisay Diaz



Do you still remember the last time your heart fluttered? Or the imaginary butterflies in your stomach and the unusual pounding of your chest because your heart is beating like crazy? I do. And I will try not to sound defensive (you don’t believe me, do you?) and dreamy, but I just want to talk about that certain “twinkle” on somebody’s eyes that made you feel what I mentioned above and where did it take you.


It was said that the eyes are the windows of one’s soul and I believe so. I would like you to remember what it’s like seeing the eyes of the person you love for the first time. You may or may not be in a relationship right now with them –that’s alright- but this goes for all of us who were taken in another dimension just by looking to those eyes.


It was a not-so-hot morning of November 2013 when it happened. I was still working for a top real-estate developer as a team-leader when I saw a guy named Abbey from another Sales Manager but of the same Division. It was their turn in about five minutes to replace us on our queue. We were exchanging pleasantries when I saw this tall guy with a cute smile and quite messy hair approaching our way.


I’m a sucker for tall guys and it is hard for me not to notice him because of his good physique too. But what hooked me the most that I couldn’t take my eyes off of him? Yes, his creamy-brown eyes. I wasn’t even aware that he was talking to me already. If it weren’t for my colleague, Rhaichard who deliberately called my attention just so I could compose myself, I would be looking like a fool. It was like he took me to Wonderland, where everything is yellow, flowery and bright and we are the only person in that moment and in that particular time though I feel like drowning I can’t breathe easy. I knew what exactly was happening, I am attracted to him.


It was embarrassing but I have to cover it with a smile. I simply told myself: “Be still, my heart!” My chest was literally pounding at the sight of him and I couldn’t say a word. He was there, two-freaking-feet away from me and all I did was stare at him while he is talking about how early he had to wake up since he’s from Antipolo and stuff. Nothing ever gets in my head clearly. I guess it took me the whole time left in our queue to find my voice.


That’s just the beginning of us seeing each other until we started our relationship on December that lasted eight months. There’s so many good moments we’ve shared including riding his bike from Araneta Center to my place in Tondo to celebrate our first month together. We’ve even have little teddy-bears named Eneru and Josephine. Our name combined together was EnJo. It was good while it lasted until he had to leave for abroad to work. Don’t worry, we’ve had our closure.


While he may not be my great love, he definitely left me something. That whenever I look into his eyes he’d take me somewhere far and we can be alone. That looking into those eyes I can see who I want to be and I can be who I wanted to be. I miss him, not romantically though. I know I have a special place in his heart as him in mine. I miss talking to him because we both shared a dream once and I miss those eyes.


Now, he has Eneru, I have Josephine and I moved on. I know he is happy where he is right now. I will never forget what I felt when I first looked in his eyes and I hope you too, who’s reading this right now remembered how you felt too the first time ever you saw the eyes that made you weak on your knees. As I’ve said earlier, you don’t have to be together to remember it but if you still are, take every moment you can to look into those eyes. Cherish it every waking day and treasure it for the rest of your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment