Tuesday, September 1, 2015

GREAT DEALS FOR ASPIRING WRITERS

 photo download 1_zpsl4qslz9z.jpg
photo credits: buqo.ph


By: Dalisay Diaz


I have been writing since 2010 and I am always fond of using Blogger.com until now. Every day I get to update my stories and that’s when I started to form the hobby of writing. It is nice when you were being followed by readers. You get to interact with them as time progress -that sometimes your lack of sleep because of the time that writing for your blog eats- that it can be a little bit rewarding. But then, the concept of electronic books or e-books came and some of the readers online preferred it than waiting for an update from the writer that sometimes takes weeks before they can read something.


I never believed that at first but then it dawned on me, I’m a writer after-all. Why not embrace the change and see if I can adapt through it. So the idea of Buqo came in mind when my friend Michael Juha asked me to join him as he venture for e-books through a digital bookstand, magazine and reader in one single app.


I am quite familiar with the kind of app he was talking about but the sound of having your work downloaded by paying readers got me hook, line and sinker. Don’t get me wrong. I love writing and to turn my hobby to a side-line is a great thing to do. Imagine hours of not sleeping and you get paid through your work, that’s something I’m going to love doing for quite a long time.


Buqo, under Hand.Interactive Inc., taps authors like me to be their partners through their online platform. It is made for Pinoys and made by Pinoys to give Pinoys access to best-selling books or magazines. What I love about this app is that they have made it easier for aspiring writers like me to distribute our works through this very powerful medium; the internet. Some of the reasons why I consider Buqo as my home now are listed below:


Non-exclusivity – we can distribute to any platforms, as many as we want. They believe that Filipino publications should be found anywhere.


Global reach – since it’s for Filipinos, Buqo is attracting migrants and workers across the world to try this Filipino bookstore online. The second largest market they have is the United States next to the Philippines. How cool is that?


Marketing Support – because almost everyone is using the internet nowadays, they help their partners to the best they could, from in-app banners, in-app buttons, reading articles, etc. As a writer, it really helped me a lot when it comes to promoting my novels/stories.


Free partnership. Revenue Sharing Scheme - It is free to partner with Buqo. They only have a revenue sharing scheme. Nonetheless, publishers and authors always get the lion’s share of the profit: 50% of list price for publications sold through the iTunes or SMART payment gateway and 70% for publications sold through credit card.


         That’s just some of the perks when you partner with Buqo. Right now, our publishing, MSOB Books has encouraged quite a number of aspiring writers to partner with them. I hope that through this app, we discover the next big thing in Philippine Literature and in the whole world. So if you are a budding artist, feel free to comment here and I will direct you to the right venue where you can grow on your own. I should know, it’s my home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment