Monday, September 28, 2015

DREAMS: A Peek on Reality


Dalisay Diaz



Dreams for me are manifestation of something you desire most, something you want or need to have, something that you dream to be or dreamt of having or just simply something that you fantasize often. Well, let me share to you the thing that most of my dreams are made of; Zombie Apocalypse.


Now, some of you who will read this may be a fan of the gruesome zombie-drama “The Walking Dead” which tackles life after an unknown infection that wiped almost the whole population of the United States –or the entire world, but seriously speaking, even before this awesome show was aired, I have dreamed of being in an apocalyptic scenario when I was a child.


Weird, aren’t I? Not really. Some people dream of being rich, as in billionaire-rich while others as super-heroes with really cool powers. You might even heard of someone who dream of finding their “Mr. Right” which in real life is really hard to find so I guess dreaming of zombies doesn’t qualify as weird. In fact, it may not even be far-fetched an idea.


Why? It’s not because there’s a secret facility somewhere in this world that cultivates a deadly virus that can cause a world-wide infection causing the dead to be un-dead. It’s the nature of some people who unfortunately walks this beautiful planet of ours alongside us, the general population.


I’m talking about terrorism of first order. Zombies, as you watch them in television and movies –fast or slow- are destructive by nature. They only want to eat anything that moves. They don’t think for a second and they always come in herd. Same as these notorious people who only want to bring destruction to others. Sometimes, even to their kind.


I am not pointing out a particular group here. I am not looking for any trouble either. I just want them to understand my point of view. What’s with the zombie-like characteristic? I know these groups have something that they are willing to die fighting for, but again, why resort to violence? Because it’s the only way they can be noticed? So what? The lives that were lost because of their belief are just collateral damage? That it is for the greater good? I think these people watched way too much TV more than I did I’m starting to think I’m a hermit.


While dreaming of being rich, famous, powerful and finding Mr. Right is something that one should work hard for, fighting zombies should be everybody’s advocacy. Children are dying everywhere. Women are being taken and raped. Men are being slaughtered. These are something very familiar to all of us. Not just because we saw it on TV or in the movies, it’s not. These things happen almost every day in different parts of the Earth. Some are not even broadcast-ed by the media and it’s not even zombie apocalypse yet. Or is it already?


I just hope that these “zombies” or “walkers” that roams the Earth finally come to their senses. I know that by hoping this would happen is a long shot, like asking the moon to be square but let’s not dwell on that.


There are also people like the protagonists in “The Walking Dead” who are trying to make a difference. But it’s not just a group of people that should work. We all should. I don’t know how but in our own little ways we can help. There are a lot of us who dream about world peace. And everyone can participate. After-all, it’s not action that we should worry about, only inaction.


So dream away, and do something to make it happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment